Tuesday 4 September 2012

Staying Creative

It can be difficult to stay creative and focused. Take me right now. I am supposed to be writing on a project which has to be finished by the end of October and instead of writing on it I have become sidetracked by this very blog. I am trying to make it more creative (that is my excuse) but I know what I am really doing is avoiding the task of writing what I am meant to be writing. Do you have the same problem?

Occasionally I rouse on my husband for wasting time surfing the net (what a great expression) and here I am doing anything but my work.

Why is it that people are so easily distracted? Or is it just me? I do remember reading about writers who will do anything but write.

Of course I have made a start on my writing task for the day, which is a work of non fiction requiring research, writing at least two lines.

I guess I better get back to it and return to another post another day. There is still the unpleasant task of finishing the editing of my soon to be published book Briefs and of course my dear husband will be looking to me to put his draft manuscript into shape as well now that I have all this experience.

Till the next time dear reader I will leave you with another photo.

Can you see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

No comments:

Post a Comment