Sunday 2 September 2012

Father's Day

It is father's day and we have had a big day spoiling dad (at least that is my version and I am sticking to it). Happy father's day to all the father's in the world. I hope you have had a great day. If you are an author you may have been able to get some inspiration today for short stories or that great novel you are/have been working on.

Inspiration fails me at this late hour, however, I am determined to write something, anything (some ideas taken away from today may turn into a short story or novel, but at the moment they are merely lines of words on a page).

I can hear you dear reader groan, saying don't do it. But I have to. I once read that a writer should write every day. Today I have not written anything, unless I finish this post. Please stay with me.

I have finished a collection of short stories I am planning to publish and am working on a final draft of a novel. It is all very exciting and I am thrilled to read success stories of other authors who have embarked on self publishing. The other day I received the KDP newsletter, where an author told of their success. According to the article the author had endured years of rejection slips until self publishing became a reality.

Those stories inspire me, as do good books, great red wine (particularly a good Pinot Noir) and my loving supporting husband.

I wonder what inspires other people?

 For some reason people find Paris an inspiring destination. Having grown up in Europe until I was nearly fourteen I have to say I prefer to visit Bavaria or simply walk along a beach.

I will leave you dear reader with another photo to gaze at. Did you realise the photo posted on 1 September 2012 was taken near Sorrento (Mornington Peninsula Victoria Australia)?

If not I hope you enjoy this shot taken at Shoreham Beach (again the Mornington Peninsula) of a storm coming in.

Again Happy father's day and of course for the writers among you, happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment