Friday 14 September 2012

Electronic Publishing

When the idea first crossed my mind to self publish it was to self publish as an electronic book. It sounded and looked easy. Days, weeks, months later I am no closer to publishing electronically than when I first had the idea.

What is stopping me?

I am not sure. It sounds, looks and seems too hard. Alternatively I am simply not able to get my head around the demands of electronic publishing.

It took numerous edits, and re-edits to get the book 'Brief's published in hard copy, with me often losing faith it would ever happen. But here I am a published author.

Finally this afternoon I bit the bullet and wrote to the team at Create Space to help me convert my hard copy book format into an electronic one. Hopefully someone will contact me and it will all fall into place. Alternatively I will still be trying to do it this time next month.

My husband pointed out how helpful this publishing process had been to me because I learned a new skill. I think he is trying to flatter me because he needs his book formatted ready for publishing. Although part of me is quite proud when I look at the hard copy book of 'Briefs', because it does look good and it has great stories in it.

As I wait for someone to contact me about the electronic publishing I will take to work on my next projects. For some reason I have three manuscripts waiting to be edited and published.

So, as the gnomes on Snow White say, hi ho, hi ho, off to work I go....:)

What a work of art. A hedge sculpture at the Amazing Maze at Arthur's seat. Obviously someone with more patience than I have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment