Thursday 27 September 2012

Have you got the latest J K Rowling novel

I was tempted to simply post saying I am too busy reading the latest J K Rowling novel, but that would be a lie. And I am not a good liar.

Please do not think I am here to criticise and say I am not reading it because I don't believe she can write an adult novel or any such thing. The truth is I simply do not have the time at the moment to read many books and with my bookshelves full I have not bought a book in at least two weeks (a record for me I have to confess).

I love books and if I go into a bookshop, inevitably I come out with at least one if not more books.

So, have you got your copy of J K Rowling's new book Casual Vacancy and thus you are too busy reading up on what is happening in the little world of fictionscriptor? Probably. I hope you enjoy it. Far too many people are quick to criticise and for a writer that is terrible.

Surfing the net (I just love that expression) I have seen several articles and reviews already. They seem to be mixed. What all of them seem to be reminding us is that it is not a children's book. Surly this is not a surprise. Ever since word has got out about J K Rowling writing another novel it has been emphasised that it would not be a children book. Perhaps people did not believe this statement.

As I keep repeating, like a broken record, it is very hard work to write and get a book published. Just because one person does not like it does not mean someone else might not love it (did that make sense). The point is I hope her book does well.

To all of you out there trying to be a writer keep going. You will get there. We all remember the stories about J K Rowling's numerous letters of rejection for the Harry Potter books, and look where she is now.

Enjoy the book and happy writing.

A storm over Mornington on the Mornington Peninsula

Please do not forget to get your copy of Briefs - a collection of short stories (by Tanya Thistleton), either as an ebook

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009C8TC96

or as a paper back by ordering your copy at Amazon (best to search by author name) or at

Create Space by following the link (or copying and pasting it into your browser):

 https://www.createspace.com/3962688

No comments:

Post a Comment