Tuesday 25 September 2012

Life's blessings

It is so easy to ungrateful and negative and not count ones blessing. As I am sitting at work to deal with various problems a legal practise throws at you I cannot help but look out the window and see the beautiful sunshine and be grateful for what I do have.

More often than not life is full of complaints. We complain about the weather, either it is too hot, cold, wet, windy or something else. When we are not complaining about the weather we are probably complaining about our health, job , lack of money, our husband/wife, children,  you name it the list is endless.

In my job as a lawyer I only ever hear complaints. Being a lawyer practising in family law I hear complaints about the ex husband/wife, or partner, the other lawyer, myself, the legal system and again everything else you can think of.

Why is it that we rarely stop and pause to be thankful for what we do have? I don't know. But my post today will be a thank you for what I do have.

I have a great family (excellent parents), I have a fantastic husband and son and with my husband comes a great extended family. How lucky am I.

Then there is the fact I have a job, and not just any job but a job that has motivated me to write my book on short stories called 'Briefs' and given me the motivation to write a novel which is to be released soon 'Just and Equitable', to name but a few things it has motivated me to do.

I have good health and supportive people all around me.

Life is good.

Give thanks to Life.

Enjoy!

And don't forget you can buy Briefs - a collection of short stories at either of the following locations:

No comments:

Post a Comment