Wednesday 10 October 2012

Power Words

I find it amazing how much I am learning since I published my book and am trying to promote it. I think I am learning more than I did during lectures at law school (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but pretty close).

The biggest thing I have leaned so far is that writing the book is the easiest of steps in the many steps of publishing and selling books.

Sure, it took time and the editing and formatting took even longer (and there you go, formatting and editing are not really writing the book are they), but promoting the book seems to be a job with no end in sight. In fact, the more I look at marketing and how to go about it, the more daunting the entire process seems.

Apparently simply posting on a blog is not good enough. No, you have to be aware that power words are what draws attention to your blog and posts. So then you have to spend hours searching the world wide web on what exactly power words are, which ones are most effective and once you have all that information you have to be able work out how to use the power words in a sentence.

There must be a simpler way? Maybe not. Maybe I am just a bit tired. Maybe I need to look at it with fresh eyes. Maybe.... (pity maybe is not a power word :( )

On a serious note I have not quite understood this power word concept and will need to do more research on it. In the meantime I shall go back to editing my novel, which I hope to be able to publish before Christmas. It is a novel I have enjoyed writing and I hope you dear reader will love reading it.

As I leave you today I leave you with a view of London Bridge (on the Mornington Peninsula).


No comments:

Post a Comment