Sunday 14 October 2012

More on ebooks and marketing

I have to say I am getting more and more inspired the more I read about ebooks and the benefits of publishing ebooks.

Don't get me wrong, I cannot boast great sales or anything like that, yet. But I am reading a lot about epublishing and think I am getting to know a bit more about it.

For starters, marketing your ebook is no different to writing your book in the first place, or good writing full stop. According to marketing strategies, words are important. How many times have I been told that in good writing every word counts? Countless times (excuse the pun). And here I am trying to market an ebook only to find that words are so important, again.

And so here I find myself thinking again what my short stories are about and why would people want to read them? Well, most of the stories in Brief are about relationships. There are failed relationships, as well as dysfunctional relationships and those that are non existent. Thus, Briefs is about people and their vulnerability. It is about leaving your partner/husband/wife and being left and once left how one copes. There are tips on revenge and getting even, with some of those even being put into practise.

Of course to present a balance viewed there is also a romance, a story about the first time and a father who faces an uphill battle to get to spend time with his daughter. A dragon also features, as does a lawyer reading a will.

The statistics for people who separate and divorce in our society are around fifty percent, which means the stories in Briefs should speak to most of you. But if none of those stories entice you I suggest you look for my husband's stories called 'Running in the Mist', which you can find on amazon or Smash Words (published under his name Gerard Thistleton).

As I leave you tonight I am already wondering how to improve my description of what Briefs is about. I think the more times you writer a blurb about your own book the better you get at it. So bear with me.

Till tomorrow - Tschuess

Running in the mist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment